Saturday, October 2, 2010

*Guest post*: Picking strawberries with Heather

There is nothing better than discovering new and so inspirational blogs. This is what happened to me when I discovered Heather's one.
Not only she's a great designer but she's also a lovely person. That's why I invited her to MAP to share a bit of herself with us and, as a perfect guest would, she came with a freebie too: The cutest strawberry recipe card...just for Mad About Pink!

I'd better leave you with Heather Hales now.... ciao and have a good week end!

I've always loved pink.  At 13, I had a pink room (who didn't?) but, mine sported tri-tone green shag carpet.  I wish I had an old picture to share with you it really was something to see!

Last week (or was it the week before, life seems to be moving a warp speed these days), I was shopping in downtown Phoenix, hitting a few of my favorite spots (frances  & zinnias).  It wasn't until I got home that I realized there was a theme to my purchases!
 
Seems everything I picked up had strawberries!  While at Frances I found these sweet Strawberry candles.  There are 6 of them and since I have a pink-loving-almost-six-year-old I thought these would be perfect for her birthday cake!  I love the strawberry print on the packaging, reminds me of this cute wallpaper you can download from Cath Kidston.

I also thrifted these cute Strawberry recipe cards for $1!  I love recipe cards, I'm always hoping people will ask me for my recipes so that I can write one out. I also like receiving recipe cards too!  I still have a handful that I received 13 years ago at my bridal shower.  Each time I bake from them I think about the person who shared the recipe with me.



I also had this project sitting on my sewing table waiting to be finished.  Fall may be upon us (well, not so much here in the Sonoran desert), but I guess early summer berries are still on my mind!

Since I was on a strawberry theme I decided to design some strawberry recipe cards for everyone!  The cards are 3x5 and will print great on cardstock.  I even included the "from the kitchen of" line, so years from now, everyone will remember the recipe was yours.


you can download the printable .pdf here, and if you're looking for a good strawberry recipe- might I recommend this one?

1 comment:

Your comments make me happy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails